Monday, March 22, 2010

Early Spring in an Ontario forest

Kate, William and I just returned from a 3-day trip to the cottage with my parents over March break.  It always feels good to get out of the city and into the country.  I love how it awakens the senses.

There were wonderful signs of spring to be seen everywhere - melting snow, full creeks, and moist moss.




When you paused you could hear trickling water, rustling dry leaves, wind in the treetops, and birds chirping.


There was the smell of damp earth and fir trees.

(did you know that little plant with the red berry is wintergreen)



I always thought early spring was a bit dull, but once I got looking, listening, and smelling there were a lot of things to awaken the senses!
 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pics! There is nothing like spring bursting out all over. Our flowers are just popping through. We had a couple of inches of snow Saturday and I hope that is the end of and that sunny, warmer days are headed our way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos!! there's nothing like spring!!! have a nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Grace! You're keeping me update about my homeland and I'm loving it! That one picture with the melted snow and the water running through is a true meaning of spring for me. I miss that! Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really wonderful photo's Grace! Thanks for sharing with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete