Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WISH Wednesday #30

I am a big fan of Michael Penney's style and have followed his blog since it started.  I wanted to show a calm beachy bedroom for WISH Wednesday and thought Michael's is one of the best.  It was inspired by a trip he and his wife took to Maine and you can really feel that beachy vibe coming through.  I love the soft natural colours, the gorgeous wallpaper, the white drapes, and the bare hardwood floor.  His bedroom makes me want to move to a cottage by the ocean.

Michael Penney Style


These were the only two photos I could find of his bedroom so I included them both.  The top one shows more of the bedroom, but is less clear and crisp and the second photo has the arrow in the middle, but shows the detail in the wallpaper and the knit pillow on the bed.


House and Home (video tour)

Michael is one thrifty guy - you should check out the rest of his house for further inspiration (click on the links under the photos to see more pictures). Michael has recently opened a shop called Penney & Co. in Whitby, Ontario - one of these weekends I'm going to make the trek out there and check it out.

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your trek out there!

    The room really is lovely. What cool wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow1 I too love this style. Beautiful room. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this room, and the wallpaper truly makes it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this style - will be looking for more like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace - I love Michael Penney's style too. I'm planning a little road trip this summer to check out his store. J

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in LOVE with the wallpaper- so cool!
    -Brittany

    your newest follwer from http://buttonsbirdsandbs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cottage by the ocean sounds divine. I'll come visit you when you get one. :o)

    ReplyDelete