Monday, November 12, 2012

Easiest Advent Calendar Ever

Our kiddos are young adults now, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy an advent calendar to open in December.  Every year I try to make the advent calendars yummy, easy to transport for anyone who is away at university, and a little bit different.  My theory is that making them a little bit different makes them a little more fun.

Two years ago I made our advent calendars using envelope halves and a covered box (which you can see here) and last year I made advent blobs (which you can see here).  They were big hits.  My daughter told me that her friends in residence thought she has the craftiest Mom.

This year I decided to keep things simple - which was partly because I ran out of time and had to get an advent calendar finished so Kate could take it back to university with her when she visited in October.  Nevertheless, simple is good!

So this is what I did:


I stapled a loop at the end of the ribbon and threaded a thin silver string through so that the advent calendar could be hung up.  I then stapled the chocolates on the ribbon.  As a finishing touch, I added a tiny red bow.








There you go - easy peasy chocolate squeezy!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Cute! .... don't you love that they still want an advent calendar. Christmas is all about traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so glad to see this! My two grown up daughters love having an advent calendar. Great idea! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't lived down the events of two years ago when I forgot to buy our two (teens) calendars, and when I looked, everywhere was sold out. I have never thought of making them, that sounds altogether a better idea.

    ReplyDelete