Thursday, December 27, 2012

Date Basket Gift Idea

I was behind schedule this Christmas and ended up with a bit of a scramble at the end so I didn't get a chance to post this gift that I made for our son and daughter-in-law.  In fact I was still putting it together late on Christmas Eve and didn't take photos of it until after Christmas.  

Money is tight for Malcolm and Christie right now as they are students and looking for a job so I knew that something practical that would help with the entertainment budget would be appreciated.  I found this picnic basket at a thrift shop in perfect condition with the original Pier One tags on it.  It didn't have any dishes in it which was fine by me since I know that Malcolm and Christie had some good quality plastic camping dishes they could use for picnics.  I wanted the basket so I could fill it with things that would help them to have some fun dates.

 

Here are the things I put in the basket:

Malcolm and Christie loved it and told me they will put it to good use.  

I could see making a date basket for an anniversary present or for Valentine's Day.  There are endless options of things to include depending on money and interests. Have you ever made anything like this?  What kinds of things would you include?
Pin It

Linked to WOW Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

4 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful gift idea. You always come up with the neatest package gifts and present them so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift idea! I agree with Elizabeth, you are a gift giving genius!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you paired a date suggestion with the items! That is really clever, I know they will have lots of fun with this and the basket will always be full of special memories! I am visiting from Wow Wednesdays
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great idea, Grace! I can give New Years Eve gifts too, right?

    Tia & Jeff
    www.moorofeverything.com

    ReplyDelete